Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Beginner Breads
 2. Creating a Wild-Yeast Starter (Mother)
 Veterans Day Mother.....Betty
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

amyartgirl
8 Posts
Amy
Junction City OH
USA

Posted - Nov 11 2023 :  3:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in the process of working on all of the Bread merrit badge levels. Well....I have not gotten the book just yet. I was able to get via my local library an online sample of the book (they have on order). The book sample luckily had the complete mother recipe and procedure. I wanted to get started as I am already familiar with the method of capturing wild yeast....just not the Mary Jane way. I did have to tweak my tools a bit but will be on the look out at thrift stores, but still had glass. My goal in doing this is to finally cement a daily homestead routine into my life to fully nourish me.

I decided to name my mother after my great aunt Betty,who was a WW2 Army nurse ..since I created it on this Veteran's Day.

Edited by - amyartgirl on Nov 11 2023 4:06:48 PM

amyartgirl
8 Posts
Amy
Junction City OH
USA

Posted - Nov 15 2023 :  3:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, not sure if anyone is seeing my post, so adding a reply as I changed up what I had tool wise. I had a larger pyrex container now inside my 9x13 baking dish. So placed my white rice mother in there. I sense something going on , I see some slight bubbles and the pleasant
fermentation smell. On day 5, may need to add the heating pad on bottom as our home is on the cooler side at this time of year.

Edited by - amyartgirl on Nov 15 2023 3:43:07 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: