Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Sue
1 Posts
sue
salem va
USA

Posted - Nov 21 2021 :  4:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say hello and that I am new to this. So far, I have had great luck with the Brown Rice breads. I got my daughter started and she is enjoying the process also!

Sue

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Nov 22 2021 :  09:28:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sue, I'm so glad you stopped in to say hi. I look forward to hearing more about your brown rice mother, and am happy to hear that your daughter just started a mother as well.

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page

Lynne
1 Posts
Lynne
Eatonville WA
USA

Posted - Dec 21 2021 :  11:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I purchased the Wild Bread book a while back. So far I haven't managed to get the "mother" right I guess. I did invest in the proofer machine, that didn't seem to do the trick either. What am I doing wrong? Am I not adding to the mother long enough or is it not warm enough??? My house isn't super warm all of the time.
Also this is my first time using the proofer machine. Does it never get all that hot? I really want to be successful at this bread making thing so its one less thing to go to the store for.
BTW I really love the wild Bread book. Even if you didn't bake bread, the book is just a nice book.

Lynne
Eatonville, WA
Go to Top of Page

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Dec 22 2021 :  12:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lynne,
Can you describe what isn't working with your mother? For example, is it simply inactive, too sour, or something else? Any other details you can provide, such as type of flour and water you're using, will be helpful in trying to troubleshoot what isn't working for your mother.

The proofer has a temperature range of 70–195 degrees Fahrenheit, and if you're using it to keep your mother at a consistent room temperature, you'll want it set between 70 and 73 degrees. When it's set to this temperature, the inside base of the proofer won't feel all that warm to the touch, because it's a room temperature setting.

Hopefully we can figure out what isn't working for your mother and get it going in the right direction.

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: