Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Diane
1 Posts
Diane
Watertown SD
USA

Posted - Apr 19 2019 :  05:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having problems with the gluten free wild sourdough. My "dough" is very stiff with no bubbles or sour smell. I just finished week 3 of the counter mother, having fed it twice a day and using on day 7 of each week. Due to food allergies, I am using a gluten free oat flour to make my sourdough. In the past, I have tried a rice flour, but had similar results. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. Diane

Diane Peterson

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Apr 19 2019 :  08:19:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Diane,
I'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulty with getting a mother going. Can I ask what brand of rice and oat flour you're using? And are you using white rice or brown rice flour? It seems that after 3 week, you should be seeing some kind of activity in the form of bubbles or a sour smell.

When you say your dough is very stiff, do you mean when you mix it up to make Batter Bread? Or are you referring to your mother?

While we didn't work with oat flour in the book, I did try to make a mother last year. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, it smelled "off". Another person on the chatroom was able to successfully cultivate and oat-flour mother. Here is a link to the thread: http://wildbread.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=147

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: