Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Mar 12 2019 :  3:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My girls are on spring break this week, so my oldest, Adria, was lending a hand in the kitchen this morning with a few trial recipes for the next issue of the magazine.

She had a blast helping stage one of the pictures, and then ran out the door to go sledding (it's been snowing all day).

Shortly after Adria left, my youngest, Alina was back in from helping Nanny Jane milk the cows and wanted to help me feed the mothers. I needed to mill a bit of Kamut flour, so she helped me with that too. All the while, she was chit-chatting about how much fun she's been having all day.

Ashley Ogle

MaryJane
169 Posts
MaryJane
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Mar 13 2019 :  08:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been awesome having the girls come to work with you. Your little Alina is such a go-getter in the milking parlor. She gets right in there to get the job done.

She especially loves to wrap the tail.

Afterward, when she was mopping on Monday, the long handle of the mop kept getting stuck and was banging into everything--way too hard to manage for someone her size, but it didn't faze her. She said, "Nanny, cover your ears, I'll be making lots of noise getting this done."

Later, when she was helping "Pa" muck the stalls, he didn't want her to have the sharp pitchfork in case she accidentally punctured their special bed. He explained to her that it takes someone older. She said, "I'd like to point out that I'm five and a half."

MaryJane Butters, author of Wild Bread ~ for we were all one family then ~
Go to Top of Page

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Mar 13 2019 :  09:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This made me laugh. It's all so very Alina. This morning on the ride to the farm, she was talking about how excited she was to help Pa muck and explained the process in her own words to me and Brian. I think she's having the best spring break ever!

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page

Elisabeth_P
97 Posts
Elisabeth
Burlington NC
USA

Posted - Mar 13 2019 :  10:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like y'all are making some wonderful memories!!!

Edited by - Elisabeth_P on Mar 13 2019 10:16:11 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: