Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Elisabeth_P
97 Posts
Elisabeth
Burlington NC
USA

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  12:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saturday I made Challah! It was fun making and it turned out beautiful! I thought it was maybe a tad dry, so next time I will try not to add that extra flour.

This was before I put it in the oven. After the 45 minute rise. I did accidentally go over my time on the folding step. One time I let it rest for like 45 min instead of 30 so I just cut the time on the last Rise. I don't guess that would have made it dry? And I forgot to let it rest 5 minutes before I kneaded it. I am forgetful...

I'm having fun making these Timelapse videos. I hope you all enjoy them.

Elisabeth

Proverbs 22:1

~A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver or gold.~

Edited by - Elisabeth_P on Feb 25 2019 12:17:50 PM

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  1:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, this is so awesome! I love the timelapse video. There's something so satisfying about watching the bread being braided. Challah is one of my favorites to make because the braid makes it so pretty. You handled the 6-strand braid like a pro!

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page

Elisabeth_P
97 Posts
Elisabeth
Burlington NC
USA

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  2:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!! I kinda got confused on it, and it didn’t end up a perfect braid, but you really can’t tell in the end when it all rises together.
Go to Top of Page

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Feb 26 2019 :  08:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's difficult to keep track of all the strands and where they're supposed to go! But, it is very forgiving, and always looks cool once it's baked and golden.

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: