Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

hedy
5 Posts
Hedy
south lake tahoe ca

Posted - Aug 22 2018 :  1:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
My young refrigerator mother had a slight grey color on the top layer after the first week in the fridge. It didn't smell bad so I proceeded anyway with a focaccia recipe and weekly feeding with a good stirring. Hopefully this wasn't mold & I won't be poisoning my family this evening!?
Hedy

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Aug 22 2018 :  1:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hedy, you mentioned this issue in your Welcome Wagon post, and I responded to it there. A little surface discoloration is normal from your mother sitting in the refrigerator for a week without being stirred. You would need to worry about mold if you see patches of dark fuzz.

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page

Elisabeth_P
97 Posts
Elisabeth
Burlington NC
USA

Posted - Oct 25 2018 :  5:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Like this? Mine was like this today when I took it out to feed my mother for tomorrow’s bread. It didn’t look fuzzy it was just splotchy grey spots. When I stirred it it went away completely.

Elisabeth

Proverbs 22:1

~A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver or gold.~
Go to Top of Page

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Oct 25 2018 :  8:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks like just a touch of discoloration, and perfectly normal after sitting in the fridge of a week. Here is a link to a picture I posted of a couple of my mothers a few weeks back: http://wildbread.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=210.

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: