Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Kathy
4 Posts
Kathy
Pinetop Arizona
USA

Posted - Jun 19 2018 :  2:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been wanting to bake sourdough for some time and have been gluten free for about 8 weeks. With this book I felt like it was do-able. Today is bake day and hopefully I'll have some success.
My question though, is , we are leaving on a 3 week RV trip to Canada and I am trying to decide wether to take it with me or just start over when I get back. We are leaving in 2 weeks so I will have another bake day before we leave.
Thanks for any ideas.
Kathy

Luv2Quilt

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Jun 20 2018 :  08:25:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kathy and welcome!
Whether you take your mother along on your trip is up to you. Do you feel comfortable taking it along? Or would you be more comfortable starting over when you return?

A couple things to consider are that traveling with your mother would present a few logistical challenges and be hard on your mother. Also, at this point, since your mother is relatively new, it might be best to shelve it for now and start fresh when you get back and have at least 4 weeks of travel-free time to dedicate to getting your mother established.

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page

Kathy
4 Posts
Kathy
Pinetop Arizona
USA

Posted - Jun 20 2018 :  7:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Ashley,
That's what I thought you would say.
My batter bread was terrible (no rise). I will try again next week before we go-wish me luck.

Luv2Quilt
Go to Top of Page

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Jun 21 2018 :  08:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first week you can expect the rise to be minimal. Are you seeing any bubbles at feedings times yet? By week 3, you should start seeing rise. Which gluten-free flour are you using? A good option for those first couple weeks is to make one of the recipes from the Quick & Easy Sourdough Enhanced Treats Section (pp. 172-189).

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: